Living God's Word
Topic: UPCC Passage: Matthew 5:19, Mark 12:41-44
Sermon Notes and Main Ideas
These core values aren’t just “The Elders’ core values," they’re our core values as a church.
Why is teaching God’s Word so important?
- Jesus told us it was (Matthew 5:19)
- It protects us from false teaching (1 Timothy 1:3-11)
- It gives us the tools we need to live it out (2 Timothy 3:15-17)
The responsibility of the student is to be teachable and motivated
- Motivated to research (Acts 17:10-12)
- Motivated to act (James 1:22-25)
Living is acting out what we have learned.
As you hear gods word, you are responsible to live out God’s Word.
How do we live God’s Word?
- Live life generously (mark 12:41-44)
- Give willingly
- Give sacrificially
Life Application Questions
- What are you doing to teach others?
- How are you continuing to be a student?
- What are you living out right now that you’ve learned?