Check this page every week to see all information from our weekly update!
Flooding at the Bryans
Many folks in our church had flooded basements due to the storm, but the Bryan family had almost two feet of water in their home. They are overwhelmed by the many who are reaching out to offer love, prayers, and assistance. They are still trying to figure things out and we will keep you in the loop, but they wanted me to send their heartfelt thanks. Please continue to pray for the Bryans and all who were affected by the storm.
Young Marrieds Dinner at the Buckley’s
Pastor John and Sandy are inviting all young couples without children to a dinner and some connecting time at their house this Friday, August 7 at 6:30 pm. Please email Pastor John at email@example.com to let him know if you are coming or if you have any questions. Please let them know by Thursday August 6.
Are you Discipling or Being Discipled?
UPCC’s GAP groups are for members who want the opportunity to disciple others and to be discipled. If you are not in a group and would like to join, or have questions about GAP groups, please email Pastor John (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Church Offering Envelopes are Available
Please contact Sue Esterline (email@example.com) if you would like to have your own offering envelopes.
As the members of our 242CC plant now move to the next step of branching out on their own they will soon be removed from our UPCC Church Directory. We want to encourage everyone to take the time now to save their contact information while it is still available.
UPCC Purity Ministry
Men, is purity an area in which you struggle? Don't worry, you're not alone. There is a G.A.P. group that seeks to help men overcome lust and grow in their relationship with the Lord. If you are looking for accountability in the area of purity, then either contact an elder or Clarence Murray. The group is currently for men ages 18 & up.
Interested in Adopting a Cat?
Pam Ormeno needs to find a home for her cat due to the affect it is having on her lung conditions. If you are interested in adding a well-loved cat to your family, please contact Pam at 610-938-1752.
Come out and Support our Church Softball Team
Last opportunity for some summer family fun and a way to cheer on our softball team. Please click here to view their schedule for this weekend. They would love your support.
Oh give thanks to the Lord, call upon His name;
Make known His deeds among the people.
Sing to Him, sing praises to Him; speak of all His wonders.
Glory in His holy name;
Let the heart of those who seek the Lord be glad.
Psalms 105:1 - 3
Your Help is Needed
Scott & Teri Bryan have finally gotten the green light to get into their house and start the difficult job of packing up their belongings. If anyone can help them load their belongings into totes starting at 10 am tomorrow morning, Saturday, Aug 8th, it would be a huge help! Their address is:
32 Skippack Pike
Schwenksville, PA 19473
Please call or text Scott (610) 883-2607 with any questions.
They are also looking for a place to lease, preferably in the valley. If you know of any place, please let them know.
Let's step alongside and help this family out during their time of need.
The Elevator is Working!
Thankfully PP&L was able to repair the part on the exterior pole that had prevented our elevator from getting the proper voltage to run. So, for those of you who prefer to use the elevator, it is up and running.
Sunday Service Options
This week Ron Jones will be joining us for the service. As in previous weeks we are offering several options for our Sunday worship service. Please note that there will be no preschool, nursery, or cafe time this week. However, Children's Church is open again this week. The service will start at 9:30 AM and will last about an hour. Please review the options for our service below:
- Children's Church (K - 5th grades) starts at 9:30 am, so please bring your children directly to their room on the 2nd floor when you arrive. We will be taking the workers and children’s temperatures as they arrive. All the helpers will be wearing masks unless they are up front leading.
- The preschool area will be open for families to sit with their children in a more relaxed environment while they watch the service. We will provide crayons, coloring sheets, and sermon note pages for the various ages of children in all the rooms where people gather to worship.
- The main auditorium will be set up for people to sit in every other row with their families.
- The downstairs simulcast will be set up such that social distancing guidelines will be followed and everyone who attends or serves will need to wear a face mask the entire service.
- We strongly encourage everyone to wear a mask as you enter the building, on your way to your seats, and as you exit the building.
Immediately Following Sunday's Service are the Following Ministry Trainings:
- Greeter training is in the Simulcast
- Security training is in the 2nd floor conference room
- Usher training will be in the 3rd floor fellowship area
- Worship/tech training will be in the auditorium.
I will tell of Your wonderful deeds.