Check this page every week to see all information from our weekly update!
Upcoming Holiday Season Events
With the busy holiday season around the corner, we wanted to make you aware of our holiday church events for you to mark your calendars!
- Ladies Christmas Party: The women's annual Christmas party starts at 5 pm Sunday, December 3 in the upstairs auditorium. Please bring a wrapped, Cozy Christmas themed gift to participate in the gift exchange. RSVP to Sandy at email@example.com if you haven't signed up yet and would like to come.
- Young Marrieds and Engaged Luncheon: Young couples, you are invited to a luncheon at Pastor John's house immediately following the morning service on December 10. Contact Pastor John to sign up (firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-260-1450).
- Christmas Caroling & Cookie Contest: Please plan on joining us Sunday night, December 10 at 4pm for an evening of Christmas caroling followed by our annual Cookie Contest. Please plan on arriving on time as the groups will head out to separate locations within the first 10 minutes. And of course, please feel free to participate in our cookie contest by bringing 2 dozen cookies for others to judge. Prizes will be awarded! We hope to see you then.
- Christmas Eve Service: Please join us on December 24 at 9:00 am in the Café for fellowship, coffee and snacks, followed by our worship service at 9:30 am.
- New Years Eve Service: Our Café opens at 9:00 am, followed by our worship service at 9:30 am.
Christmas Movie Night - Friday, December 15 @ UPCC - 7pm
The young adult group has its own text blast! Contact Rachel Shaffer (616-560-5526) if you would like to get text updates about our upcoming events.
Table Talk Online Zoom Training
Table Talk creates a safe place for Christians to invite non-Christians to discuss life topics that relate to all people around the table. This outreach targets all different types of people with diverse beliefs, backgrounds, and lifestyles, to safely process life’s biggest questions and concerns with Christians, without fear of judgment. Click here for a short video to learn more about it, and click here to register for the December 11th online training.
Attention UPCC People who Like to Cook!
Due to popular demand, The Café is looking to expand our 4th Sunday snack week; we would like to add an additional week in which people bring food for our 9 am café time. To do this, we would need another 9 - 12 volunteers to commit three or four times a year on a regular schedule (depending on how many volunteers we have). Please contact Lisa Keiper at email@example.com if you are interested. Thank you for considering.
The local homeless task force is getting closer to being able to provide a warm place during a code blue shelter in place. The Upper Perk Code Blue Shelter currently has one location for men which will be at Bike & Sol in East Greenville. We are still working at securing a location for women and would love a family one in the future.
UPCC has opened a special giving fund for the Code Blue Shelter. You can give online to the Code Blue Shelter Fund through our Planning Center Church App, or by clicking here. You can also write a check made out to UPCC and write Code Blue Shelter in the memo line. For more information, click here to join the Code Blue Shelter Facebook page. Please help us spread the word.
Every year since our church began, we have designated the last Sunday of the calendar year as Generosity Sunday! We take the entire week's offerings (minus any specifically designated monies) up through the last Sunday of the year and give it all away to missionaries, Christian ministries, and community organizations. This year our generosity giving will begin today, Monday, December 25 and end on Sunday, December 31. Anything given during these days will be given away to help others. We encourage you to prayerfully consider how you can participate this week to live out generosity to others around us. God has been so generous towards us, and we want to reflect His character to others. We are excited about how God will use these gifts to bless, support and encourage.
Pastor John will be preaching this Sunday from 1 John 4:1-9 with his sermon titled, "Light of the World". We will also share a special time of remembrance of what Christ did for us as we partake in communion together. Join us in the 1st floor café at 9 am for coffee and a light snack. Due to the holiday events, there will not be a second hour for the rest of 2023. We look forward to seeing you on Sunday!
"Your house and your kingdom shall endure before Me forever;
Your throne shall be established forever."
2 Samuel 7:16