Topic: UPCC Passage: Matthew 8:18-22
Listen to sermon here.
1. Discipleship is giving Jesus Unconditional Trust (Vs. 18-20)
- Go to the other side vs. 18
- Go against the norm v.18
- Go away from the crowds/popularity vs. 18
2. Discipleship is giving Jesus Undivided Affection (Vs. 21-22)
- Jesus shouldn’t be kept waiting
- Jesus is our primary interest
- Jesus is the answer every day, not just the hard ones
- Jesus is our Savior
3 Ways to not live out Biblical Discipleship
- When we prioritize things of this world over knowing and following Jesus.
- When we try and work Jesus into our worldly interests
- When we prioritize our personal interests or our family’s interests over our commitment to Jesus.
- Rejoice that Jesus has called you, saved you and wants you to be HIS discipleship.
- Rejoice that Jesus has offered a life more abundant and free than one that you could create.
- Re-evaluate/Evaluate how you are living out this amazing calling to be a Disciple of Jesus.