What Makes You Worry?
Topic: UPCC Passage: Matthew 6:25-34, Psalm 37:1-7
Listen to sermon here.
What causes worry? (vs. 25)
What does God tell us? (vs. 26-30)
- Look at the birds
- Look away from the clock
- Look at the lilies
What is God’s plan (vs. 31-34)
- Life goes beyond the temporal (vs 25)
- We are asking the wrong questions (vs 31-32)
- We are trusting in the wrong things (vs. 33-34)
Principles to overcome worry (Psalm 37:1-7)
- Do Good
Questions to Consider
- What are a few area or things that causes you the worry?
- Did any of the examples that Christ used in relation to why we should not worry help you to consider why you worry? Why or why not?
- Which principles to over come worry do you practice, and which ones do you need to start implementing?
- How does your family handle worry? It is probably different for each person.
- Where can you go to in the Bible to get help when you get worried?
- When you see someone else worry what do you encourage them so that they do not get overwhelmed by worry?