Jesus is Lord of All: Disaster, Demons and Deprivation
Topic: UPCC Passage: Matthew 8:23–9:8
Listen to sermon here.
Jesus’ Authority over Disaster (8:23-27)
- A Formidable storm
- A Fixed Faith
- A Faltering Faith
- A Promised Presence
Jesus’ Authority over Demons (8:28-34)
- The Caves
- The Conversation
- The Command
- The Consequence
Jesus’ Authority over Deprivation (9:1-8)
- Paralyzing Problem
- Penetrating Power
- Public Praise
- Jesus is Lord of All. Jesus has authority over all.
- We can Trust the Sovereignty of God rather than the severity of the situation.
- We can have Faith in the face of fear.
- Demons are real. They torment and destroy.
- Demons are under Christ’s control and have been beaten.
- Primary human dilemma is not sickness but Sin.
- The cross is the greatest miracle and our solution.