How Would You Respond?
Topic: UPCC Passage: Matthew 2:1-12
The Man with the Most to Lose
Herod (vs. 1, 3, 9-12)
- He came as a fraud
- He cooled down the people
- He was led by selfishness
- He pursued his plan
The Men with the Farthest to Go
Wise Men (vs. 1, 2, 7-8)
- They came to worship
- The truth brought them joy
- They chose to worship Him
- They listened to God
The Men with the Best Reason to Go
Religious Priests and Leaders (vs. 4-6)
- They served a fraud
- They had the knowledge to find Him
- They had no passion to follow Him
- They were satisfied with knowledge alone
Questions to Consider
- Do you find that you respond to Jesus like Herod or the priests?
- How can you grow in your passion for God’s truth?
- Where do you want to grow in 2020?