Hope and Sin...They Define Us
Topic: UPCC Passage: 1 John 2:28–3:10
How can you tell if you have hope? (vs. 28-3)
- You abide in Christ (vs. 28)
- You live righteously (vs. 29)
- You have experienced His love (vs. 1)
- You will be like Him (vs. 2)
- You live a pure life (vs. 3)
Why can’t you live in sin? (vs. 4-10)
- It is not consistent with the law of God (vs. 4)
- It is not consistent with the work of Christ (vs. 5-7)
- It is not consistent with Christ’s plan (vs. 8)
- It is not consistent with the work of the Holy Spirit (vs. 9)
Questions to consider (vs. 10)
- Who is your hope in?
- What kind of life are you living?
- Whose child are you?