Where Three Lives Collide
Topic: UPCC Passage: 1 Samuel 25:1-44
Audio: Scripture reading @00:30, sermon @06:41
The Foolish Rich Man - Nabal
- He was known for being harsh and badly behaved
- He was a Calebite
- He rejected David’s request
- He was judged by God
- He died
The faithful Handmaid - Abigail
- She was known for being discerning & beautiful
- She was the mediator
- She was a woman of action
- She was a woman of humility
- She was a peacemaker
- She was wise
- She was truthful
The Future King - David
- He was looking out for his people
- He reacted in his flesh
- He accepted responsibility
- He repented of his sin
- He left the vengeance to God
Challenges from these 3 lives:
- Who do you most act like?
- How do you respond to conflict?
- What character qualities are you choosing to embrace?
- How do you respond to confrontation about your sin?
- What is one way you will choose to live out this passage today?